Visual Impairments Awareness and Care
Visual impairments can affect people at different stages of life and through a number of different health conditions. This practical, engaging course explores how different sight impairments can affect a person and explores assistive technology to aid the person.
- What are visual impairments?
- How vision is measured (including the Snellen Test and visual field testing)
- Degrees of sight loss
- Statistics related to visual impairments and sight loss
- Who could be affected by visual impairments?
- Eye conditions A to Z
- Macula degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy – background, proliferative and maculopathy
- Eye screening
- Cataracts – symptoms, causes and treatments
- The possible effects of stroke on visual impairments
- Maintaining eye health, including possible causes of visual impairments
- Identifying sight loss
- Supporting a person with sight loss, including communication techniques
- Assistive technology, including computers, tablets, telephones, talking equipment and other assistive aids
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.