Verification of Death
This training is essential for nurses to be able to understand the process of verifying death, and the responsibilities and roles of people involved.
- Understand the procedure and law for verifying death
- Know what happens when a death is unexpected
- Recognise the lessons that can be learned from the Shipman inquiry
- Know who can verify death, and the pre-procedure
- Recognise the signs that death has occurred, and how to check for these
- Understand your role after the death of a patient
- Be aware of the wide range of religious practices surrounding the death of a loved one
- Know how to support the staff in the event of the death of a patient
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.