- Anatomy and physiology
- Indications for tracheostomy
- Types of tracheostomy
- Complication identification and reporting procedures
- Dressings and cleaning procedures
- Managing and changing inner cannula tubes
- Communication and promotion of dignity in care
- Suctioning procedures and protocols
- Record keeping
- Procedures for full tube changes
- Guidelines for emergency management (inc. resuscitation)
- Practical session with a mannequin
In order to successfully complete this course, learners will be required to complete a multiple-choice question and answer paper and evidence practical competency (using the mannequin and equipment) to the trainer.
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.