This suction training is aimed at anyone working in a care or nursing environment where suction is required. Delegates will learn the theoretical and practical skills required to safely carry our oral suctioning on a patient. The course can be expanded to cover nasopharyngeal suctioning if required, please ensure you mention this during your enquiry. Our trainers will bring a suction machine and all required equipment with them for your staff to use during the training course.
This course is often combined with our Oxygen Therapy training to make a full study day.
- Suctioning equipment (machine and adaptors, including Yankauer and soft suction, and consumables)
- Care of the unit including filter replacement and periods
- Precautions and contraindications
- Indications for suctioning
- Gaining consent and respecting dignity
- Pressure adjustments and checks
- Infection control and PPE
- Practical using mannequin, suction machine and consumables
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.