Substance Misuse (incl. Alcohol & Drugs)
The Substance Misuse course is a half day course suitable for all staff within care and support.
This course is ideal for those who may be new to dealing with substance misuse, but equally it is an ideal refresher for those already providing support in this field. The session looks at the legalities and some of the psychology of drug misuse. it also looks at the more practical elements including what some common street drugs look like, and what can be used to make drug paraphernalia.
- What is a drug?
- Commonly used drugs
- Drug groups
- Dangers of drug use
- What makes people use drugs
- Drug laws
- Awareness and recognition of types of drugs
- Alcohol, LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms, cocaine and crack
- Benzodiazepines, opiates and opioids, ketamine, GHB, amphetamines
- Volatile substances
- Heroin, ecstasy, cannabis
- Drug paraphernalia