Sepsis is a life-threatening condition caused by the body’s response to infection, damaging its own organs and tissues. Delivered by a highly experienced clinician, this half-day CPD Certified training introduces staff to the condition, its causes, signs and treatments.
- What is sepsis?
- Epidemiology facts
- Exploring possible causes
- Signs and symptoms
- How the immune system works
- The immune system’s response to infection
- Risk factors
- Diagnosing sepsis “The Sepsis Six Steps”
- Practical vital observations (including oxygen saturation, blood pressure, temperature, breathing rate and pulse)
- Organ dysfunction
- Treatment options
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.