This Schizophrenia Awareness course develops your understanding of what Schizophrenia is, what causes it and how it can be treated. The units will ensure that you have an in-depth knowledge of how Schizophrenia can manifest itself and various therapies and medications which are useful in controlling symptoms.
Anyone who works with someone that has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia will benefit from this course. This could include mental health workers, care support staff and anyone else working in the care sector.
- What is schizophrenia?
- Possible causes
- Diagnosis processes
- Types of schizophrenia
- Possible symptoms – positive and negative
- Disorganised thinking and speech
- Previous Schizophrenia subtypes (inc. paranoid, hebephrenic, catatonic, undifferentiated, residual, simple, cenesthopathic, unspecified)
- Related conditions
- Schizoaffective disorders
- Cluster A personality disorders
- Experiencing schizophrenia
- Treatments (inc. CBT, medications and other therapies)
- Responding to unusual behaviours
- Personal support plans
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.