This Schizophrenia Awareness course develops your understanding of what Schizophrenia is, what causes it and how it can be treated. The units will ensure that you have an in-depth knowledge of how Schizophrenia can manifest itself and various therapies and medications which are useful in controlling symptoms.
Anyone who works with someone that has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia will benefit from this course. This could include mental health workers, care support staff and anyone else working in the care sector.
- What is schizophrenia?
- Facts versus fiction
- Possible causes, including contraindications to hypotheses
- Diagnosis and diagnostic tools (historical, present and emerging)
- Types of schizophrenia
- Possible signs and symptoms
- Positive and negative symptoms
- Delusions (of grandeur and control)
- Common sensory hallucinations
- Conditions related to schizophrenia
- Possible treatments (including CBT/DBT and medications)
- Alternative therapies
- Support to try… and to try to avoid
- Personal support plans
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.