PEG and Nasogastric Feed Care
This half day PEG and Feed Care training course is suitable for nurses and carers.
This course will give delegates the opportunity to explore the purposes of PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) feeding, care of the equipment and how to provide person-centred care for users of the machine. The course includes practical demonstrations and assessment using generic PEG feeding equipment, but can also be tailored to using your own equipment when required.
- Why PEG feeding may be required and its purposes
- Conditions, indications and contra-indications
- Administering feed and medicines using the PEG equipment
- Recognising, reporting and resolving complications
- Maintenance of the enteral tubes
- Mouth care
- Record keeping and documentation
- Practical (using standard equipment and mannequin)
- Suppository Protocols
In order to pass this course, learners will be required to complete a multiple-choice assessment and evidence competency (using the mannequin/equipment) to the trainer.