PEG Feeding Care Awareness
This half day PEG and Feed Care training course is suitable for nurses and carers.
This course will give delegates the opportunity to explore the purposes of PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) feeding, care of the equipment and how to provide person-centred care for users of the machine. The course includes practical demonstrations and assessment using generic PEG feeding equipment, but can also be tailored to using your own equipment when required.
- Overview of PEG, PEG-J and PEJ
- Infection control and hygiene principles
- Differences between bolus, gravity and pump feeds
- How to administer via bolus and gravity feed
- Awareness of common pumps available on the market
- Care of feeding tube and stoma site
- Emergency procedures including tube displacement and tube occlusion
- Documentation and record keeping
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.