PEG and Nasogastric Feed Care
- Why PEG feeding may be required and its purposes
- Conditions, indications and contra-indications
- Administering feed and medicines using the PEG equipment
- Recognising, reporting and resolving complications
- Maintenance of the enteral tubes
- Mouth care
- Record keeping and documentation
- Practical (using standard equipment and mannequin)
- Suppository Protocols
In order to pass this course, learners will be required to complete a multiple-choice assessment and evidence competency (using the mannequin/equipment) to the trainer.
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.