Parkinson’s Disease Awareness and Care
This half-day training course explores the signs, symptoms and progression of Parkinson’s disease and the top-quality care that can be provided by nurses and care staff entrusted with the person’s care.
This face-to-face CPD Training Course is both theoretical and practical in nature.
- Signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s
- How Parkinson’s progresses
- Statistics and prevalence
- Communicative challenges
- Cognitive challenges
- Nutrition, mobility and hygiene
- Effectively dealing with the challenge
- Impact on the person and family
- Techniques used to manage Parkinson’s
- Supporting family and friends
- Medicines used to manage Parkinson’s
- Side effects of medications
- Tailoring the care environment
- Planning for the future
Learners will have the opportunity to explore a range of practical tools provided to support the independence of people living with Parkinson’s, such as nutritional/eating aids, mobility/stability aids and technological advancements in Parkinson’s care.