Palliative and End of Life Care Training
This half day course is designed for those providing care and support to people with life-limiting conditions. It is ideal for workers in community-based settings as well as those in care establishments. The course looks at the medical equipment that the patient may have in addition to their spiritual needs. It looks at the health and social care responsibilities of the carer but, equally as important, it also examines the boundaries.
- When is a person “end of life”
- Early identification
- General and clinical indicators
- Advanced care planning
- Resident choice and options inc. MCA, DNACPR, Advanced Directives, LPA, Treatment Versus Care
- Gold Standards Framework
- The holistic approach to care
- Final Stages
- NICE 2015 guidelines
- Supporting the family
- Understanding the stages of grief
- Supporting staff
- Record keeping
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.