Nutrition and Hydration
Nutrition is the process of taking in nutrients from food, relevant to our various dietary needs. Our bodies need certain nutrients for continued growth, cell repair and other metabolic processes throughout life, and we thus need to be extremely aware of what to include in our diets.
To be able to make informed decisions regarding our nutritional needs, it’s important to understand the basic principles behind nutrition, in which water and hydration also play a role. Various guides and tools may be used to help ensure we get the nutritional balance and support needed, including the Eatwell Guide and Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST), both of which will be discussed in this course.
- Facts & Figures
- Malnutrition in care settings
- Balancing a diet
- Macronutrients and Micronutrients
- Identifying poor nutrition
- Effects of poor nutrition & hydration
- Promoting adequate nutrition and hydration
- Nutritional screening including MUST Tool
- Potential condition related issues with eating (inc sensory issues and dementia)
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.