Welsh Passport – Moving and Handling
Designed in accordance with the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) All Wales Passport Scheme, this course ensures your staff are trained to a minimum standard. By attending this course learners will be provided with the most current information relating to Manual Handling. Learners will be able to practice their skills and more importantly implement them in the workplace, to maintain safety of themselves and others.
This course meets the All Wales Induction Framework and QCF standards. Learners undertaking their QCF can be provided with information that will support their units.
- Good and bad practice
- Statistics related to musculo-skeletal injury
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act
- 1992 Manual Handling Regulations
- Employer and employee legal responsibilities
- Management responsibilities
- Anatomy and physiology
- Back pain and how it is caused
- Caring for your back
- Risk assessment tools for people moving and handling
- Introduction to REBA (Rapid Entire Body Assessment)
- Practical assistance for a person, including: into and out of bed, assisted walking, assisting to stand and sit
- Practical sessions, including: inanimate object handling, mobile hydraulic hoists, mobile electric hoists, passive and active hoists, all types of slings, turntables, transfer boards, handling belt, slide sheets, walking frame, lateral transfer equipment etc.
- Completion and issue of Passport Documents
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.