Mental Capacity Act and DoLS (Level 2)
- Context and Background of the MCA
- Key Points of the MCA
- Defining and Assessing Capacity and Consent within the Terms of the Act
- The Importance of a Person
- Centred Approach to Assessment
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- The 6-Stage Assessment
- The Monitoring and Implementation of Roles and Responsibilities
- Is this a Restraint or a Restriction?
- The Legal System
- Relevant Person’s Representatives and IMCAs
- Recording Decisions made within the Guidelines of the Act
- Enabling Individual Choice: Advance Decisions and Directives
- Using MCA to Promote Choice and Independence
Your staff will be equipped with all the relevant knowledge and an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, which determines carers responsibilities to those who may lack mental capacity.
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.