Mandatory Training (Independent Focused)
This is a one-day training course suitable nurses, carers and support workers.
Abuka now run two variations of our highly-regarded All-in-One-Day Mandatory Training course. The NHS ‘Skills for Health’ UK Core Skills Training Framework aligned version covers all topics to the depth required for agency nurses and carers working under the current NHS Frameworks (HTE, CSS and CPP) while our Independent version is geared specifically towards independent care settings, giving experienced nurses and carers the vital refreshers, updates and further tools to work effectively within a care environment.
- Care Plans
- Communication and Effective Relationship Building with Residents/Service Users, Colleagues and Managers
- Mental Health and Dementia Awareness
- Dignity, Respect and Privacy
- Data Protection and Confidentiality (including GDPR and the Data Protection Act)
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (MCA and DoLS)
- Whistleblowing Procedures
- Complaints Handling
- Safeguarding Adults, including Recognising and Reporting Suspected Abuse
- Health and Safety, including Risk Assessments, CoSHH, RIDDOR and Lone Working
- Fire Safety and the Regulatory Reform Act (Fire Safety) 2005
- Food Safety and Hygiene Principles
- Infection Prevention and Control, including Effective Hand Washing, PPE, Surface Preparation and Disposal of Infectious Products
- Practical Basic Life Support in line with principles directed by the Resuscitation Council UK, including Heart Attack, Choking and Anaphylaxis
- People and Inanimate Object Moving & Handling – Refresher (Practical, including the use of Hoists, Slings and other Transfer Equipment and Methods)
This High Quality Training Course has been Independently Certified by The CPD Certification Service, giving learners a nationally recognised and transferable certificate upon completion.