Ligature Awareness and Cutting
Having ligature awareness training and responding to incidents in a professional and timely fashion can and does save lives. Hanging is a common method of suicide for many service users and this may involve suspending the body from a high ligature point. This can cause a fracture to the upper spinal column, or through asphyxiation or strangulation without suspension of the body, using a ligature point at or below head height.
- Ligature risk assessments
- Environmental risk assessments
- Types of ligatures and ligature points
- Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries
- Safe removal of ligatures using cutters
- Safe removal from suspension and incomplete suspension
- Safely storing, maintaining, disposing and replacing cutters
- Anti ligature devices
- First Aid actions following strangulation or attempted strangulation
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.