Infection Prevention and Control
This half-day Infection Prevention and Control course is suitable for all nurses and carers.
This half day course is designed to reinforce the principles and practice of good infection control measures and why they are important. The course considers the implications of infection control negligence and the persons who may at risk through poor practice. This training includes a practical session where learners are asked to practice correct handwashing technique (using a UV system), perform their own risk assessment, and is reinforced with a multiple-choice quiz.
- Why infection control?
- Common bacteria and infections
- People at risk
- Sources of infection
- How infections are transmitted
- ‘Breaking the Chain’ of infection
- Risk assessment
- Controlling the risks of infection
- Good hygiene practice, including the World Health Organisation’s handwashing technique
- Waste disposal, spillages and PPE
- Cleaning activities
- Other tips for controlling risk in various work areas
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.