Food Safety (Level 2)
This half day course provides the knowledge and skills required to ensure food safety. Everyone who works within a food environment, such as schools, care homes, pubs and hotels, have a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe for consumption. Upon successful completion, learners receive certification which, it is recommended, is updated every three years.
- Introduction to food safety
- Contamination hazards and control
- Food poisoning
- Personal hygiene
- Design, construction and use of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- HACCP and food safety management systems
- Control measures from purchase to service
- Supervisory management
- Food Safety legislation and enforcement
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.