Equality and Diversity
This Equality and Diversity training course has been designed to help learners understand more about their responsibilities for promoting equality and diversity in the workplace. The course provides an introduction to the Equality Act 2010 and details each of the protected characteristics so you can learn more about what they are and how to avoid discrimination through your words and actions. The course looks at which behaviours are prohibited by the Equality Act and aims to help you promote a fairer, more tolerant and more diverse working environment.
- Defining ‘Equality’ and defining ‘Diversity’ – group exercise
- The Equality Act 2010 and the replacement of other legislation and instruments
- The nine Protected Characteristics
- Proactive, rather then reactive, approaches
- The benefits of diversity for our organisations
- Reasonable adaptations
- Personal values and their influences on stereotypes
- Offering feedback to others when discrimination is perceived
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.