This cough assist training aims to improve knowledge and skill in relation to caring for an individual who requires cough assist. This course will help delegates understand how cough assist can help an individual and how it interacts with their respiratory system.
- How a natural cough occurs
- What is a cough assist device?
- Benefits of the device
- When a cough assist device is considered – medical conditions
- Use of the equipment using mask, endo-tracheal and tracheostomy tube
- Device features, settings and alarms
- Safe operation of the device
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.