Conflict Resolution / Verbal De-Escalation
This is a half day Conflict Resolution training course suitable for all care staff.
This course is designed for those who sometimes face conflict situations from the general public, patients or students. It gives attendees the tools to recognise, prevent or deal with conflict situations in the workplace.
- Background and legal requirements
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The cost of conflict – What is conflict?
- Communication and barriers to communication
- Words, tones, gestures and attitudes
- Adult, parent and child states
- The Betaris Box
- The Five Step Appeal Model
- The control trilogy
- Patterns of behaviour
- Warning, danger Signs and impact factors
- Fight or flight
- Common Law and Criminal Law Act 1967