Conflict Resolution / Verbal De-Escalation
This course is designed for those who sometimes face conflict situations from the general public, patients or students. It gives attendees the tools to recognise, prevent or deal with conflict situations in the workplace.
- Background and legal requirements
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- The cost of conflict – What is conflict?
- Communication and barriers to communication
- Words, tones, gestures and attitudes
- Adult, parent and child states
- The Betaris Box
- The Five Step Appeal Model
- The control trilogy
- Patterns of behaviour
- Warning, danger Signs and impact factors
- Fight or flight
- Common Law and Criminal Law Act 1967
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.