If patients or service users are unhappy with the care or treatment they have received, they have the right to make a complaint, have it investigated and be given a full and prompt reply. This course covers complaints handling in health and social care settings. Although most people have no problems when using health or social care services, sometimes things can go wrong.
- What is a complaint?
- Why complaint handling is important
- Why do customers complain?
- What customers want from a complaint
- Complaint receiving methods (eg. verbal, telephone, electronic, written)
- Stages of investigation and their processes
- Addressing root issues
- Reflecting on complaints for future service improvements
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.