Communication is the exchange of ideas between people. Finding communication methods that are suitable for individuals is an essential first step in providing care and support that is tailored to the person. This half day course considers how every interaction, action and behaviour needs to be ‘read’ to understand a person’s feelings and thoughts and how staff need may need to modify their own communication styles to interact effectively with colleagues, managers and service users.
- What is communication
- Communication methods and styles
- Communication tools
- Verbal, paraverbal and non-verbal skills
- Importance of communication styles with various medical conditions
- Barriers to communication, including attitudes and behaviours, languages and culture
- Basics of resolving conflicts
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.