Common Conditions in Older Adults
There are a number of conditions that become more prevalent as a person ages. This full day course gives an overview of many common conditions, their signs and symptoms. It is an ideal introduction to care staff who are new to working in care and support services.
- Epilepsy – causes, types and treatment of seizures
- Asthma and COPD awareness
- Diabetes and blood glucose monitoring
- Heart disease causes, side effects and treatments
- Arthritis awareness and care
- Visual impairments in older adults
- Parkinsons’ disease awareness and care
- Falls prevention
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.