This half day course examines the causes, signs and symptoms of Autonomic Dysreflexia. This condition occurs as a result of spinal trauma and can be seen as a “positive warning”. This course explores the consequences and prevention techniques of Autonomic Dysreflexia as well as treatment options and care planning.
- What is Autonomic Dysreflexia?
- Causes of the condition
- Anatomy and physiology
- The condition as a “warning sign”
- Rare consequences of Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Autonomic Dysreflexia prevention
- Common triggers
- Treatment options for Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Care planning and record keeping
Your staff will be equipped with all the relevant knowledge and an understanding of Autonomic Dysreflexia along with how to deal with those living with the condition.
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.