Acquired Brain Injury Awareness
This course is suitable for support workers who support individuals with an acquired brain injury. It considers the different causes of ABIs, possible related behaviours and physical changes and how to support the individual.
- Brain anatomy
- Hemispheres, lobes and their functions
- Primary causes of Acquired Brain Injuries
- Assessing Brain Injury Severity
- Post Traumatic Amnesia
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Physical Effects of Acquired Brain Injury
- Cognitive Effects of Acquired Brain Injury
- Emotional and Behavioural Effects of Acquired Brain Injury
- Supporting a person with an Acquired Brain Injury
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.