Suicide affects thousands of people every year, and not just those at risk – it impacts on their family, colleagues and their community. This one day course explores the stigma and effects of suicide, recognising causal signs and practical interventions that can be applied.
- Purposes of suicide prevention
- Stigma and attitudes
- Effects on individuals, family and community
- Possible causes
- Intentional versus outcome behaviour
- The needs of individuals
- Recognising suicidal behaviour
- How to have conversations – what to say and not say
- Self care and understanding options
- Practical interventions
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.