Key-DeMVA – De-Escalation and Management of Violence and Aggression Two Day ‘Flagship’ CPD Training Programme.
Key-DeMVA is Abuka’s own two day, flagship behaviour management training programme, comprehensively covering the main behaviours and triggers found in a range of care settings, communicating effectively with a range of individuals showing signs of ‘challenging behaviour’, how to identify and de-escalate situations and – as a last resort – safe breakaway and avoidance techniques and safe, dignified holds for those individuals who present with higher risk challenging behaviours.
- Defining aggression and violence
- Control options
- Where and how anger originates
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Causes of violence and aggression in care settings
- What outcome do we want to achieve?
- The top ten agitators
- Building rapport
- The needs of individuals
- Understanding perceived and real threats
- The ‘hotel’ model
- Anger development stages
- Anxiety and responses to anxiety
- Biological changes in anger situations
- How staff may contribute to conflict
- Behaviour mapping and conflict
- Considering organisational culture
- De-escalation, distraction and communication
- Types of aggression
- Safe breakaway and hold techniques
- Train the trainer elements, including presenting skills
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.