Food Safety (Level 2 Standard)
This half day course provides the knowledge and skills required to ensure food safety. Everyone who works within a food environment, such as schools, care homes, pubs and hotels, have a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe for consumption. Upon successful completion, learners receive certification which, it is recommended, is updated every three years.
- Food safety systems
- Techniques related to the management of food safety
- Procedures for ensuring safety in the food environment
- Personal hygiene
- Food storage
- Cooking and handling food
- Expertise to deliver quality food to consumers
- Completion of multiple-choice quiz/assessment
Learners completing this course will be equipped with an understanding of Multiple Sclerosis, and how to support those living with the illness within a care setting.