First Aid for Mental Health
Looking to take a proactive approach to deal with mental health issues in the workplace? Want your staff to know how to identify the common symptoms and learn how to act upon them?
This 1-day course will give you the skills to:
- Identify the early stages of a mental health problem
- Help someone who’s dealing with a mental health issue
- Help stop someone from self-harming or hurting others
- Help stop mental ill health from worsening
- Help someone have a quicker recovery
- Guide someone towards proper professional help
- Break the stigma of a mental health problem
- What is Mental Health?
- Mental Health Problems
- The Stigma Around Mental Health
- Fact or Fiction – Mental Health Myths
- Mental Health Conditions, including the causes, signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments and support for:
- Depression – Psychosis – Anxiety Disorders – Bipolar Disorders – Schizophrenia – Schizoaffective Disorder – Personality Disorders – Clusters A, B & C – Dissociative Disorders
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Capacity Act
- DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
- What is Restraint and Restriction?
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.