Fire Safety with Practical Extinguisher Use
This Fire Safety Training Course trains staff in the fire risks in work premises and what safety measures should be in place to control them. It explains everyone’s legal responsibilities, the common causes of fires, how to prevent them, what fire safety arrangements are necessary, and the importance of following emergency procedures and includes practical use of the three most common fire extinguishers (extinguishers provided by Abuka, but a suitable outside place will be required on the premises to facilitate this).
- Key legislation and legal requirements relating to Fire Safety
- Knowledge of the ‘Fire Triangle’
- Knowledge of fire detection and warning systems and how to use/react to them
- Key facts relating to evacuation in the event of fire, and the types of evacuation appropriate to the organisation
- Knowledge of fire types and which extinguishers can be used on them
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fire
- Practical use of extinguishers (using fire pit and extinguishers external of premises)
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.