- This event has passed.
First Aid for Mental Health
September 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm£55
26th September 2019 – Suitable for Nurses and Carers working under the CCS, HTE and CPP NHS Frameworks and independently certified by the CPD Certification Service, providing 7 hours of CPD.
Looking to take a proactive approach to dealing with mental health issues in the workplace? Want your staff to know how to identify the common symptoms and learn how to act upon them?
This 1-day course will give you the skills to:
- Identify the early stages of a mental health problem
- Help someone who’s dealing with a mental health issue
- Help stop someone from self-harming or hurting others
- Help stop mental ill health from worsening
- Help someone have a quicker recovery
- Guide someone towards proper professional help
- Break the stigma of a mental health problem
Abuka Ltd are members of the CPD Certification Service, which means courses – including Mandatory – offer learners quality, certificated learning that can contribute to their CPD portfolios.
Why Choose Us?
- Abuka Ltd operates at only the highest standards, which means both high-quality clinical skills and educational experience is imparted throughout all our training.
- Our Mandatory Training provides practical training in ALL the CSTF elements in just one day – there is no need to attend separate days for different elements.
- All Abuka are not just ‘trainers’ – they have a genuine, operational knowledge and experience in a wide variety of healthcare settings, having previously worked as nurses or senior carers and in relevant training environments.
- Abuka is ‘Dementia Friends’, are members of the British Institute of Learning Disabilities, the National Back Exchange and are members of the Association of Healthcare Trainers. The good practice and national recommendations from these affiliations are included in all our training courses.