Electriocardiogram (ECG) Interpretation
This course is an ideal refresher and / or introduction to understanding Electrocardiography readings and the skills required to provide effective care in acute and emergency situations.
- Legislation, national guidelines and roles & responsibilities
- Risk assessment and accountability
- Anatomy and physiology, including the heart’s conduction system
- Consent and infection control measures
- Lead placements
- ECG waves and waveform
- Impulse conduction
- Rhythm interpretation and analysis
- Assessing waves and intervals
- Identifying cardiac problems and conditions
- Record keeping
- Knowledge assessment and competencies
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.