The Duodopa pump provides a controlled dose of active medication via the jejunum for people living with Parkinson’s Disease. This half-day course, with practical assessments, looks in detail at the use of the pump, its operating features, side effects of the medication and how to resolve possible complications.
- Background to the Duodopa
- PEG-J (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and jejunostomy) purposes
- Cleaning of the stoma site
- Medication cassette storage
- Morning operation of the pumps
- Evening operation of the pumps
- Tube flushes
- Problem spotting
Knowledge check – theoretical written quiz
Knowledge check – practical using equipment
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.