Dementia Awareness (Virtual Reality Experience)
Looking to take your dementia training to the next level? Our new and unique Virtual Reality Dementia Experience is the ultimate in dementia training, giving care and nursing staff an exceptional opportunity to find out “for real” how dementia affects spatial awareness, hearing, memory, perception, eyesight and emotions.
Delivered by our highly skilled trainers, this one-day course looks not only at the cognitive changes, but the behavioural and sensory changes experienced by people living with dementia.
“Practical activities throughout this course encourage ‘light bulb moments’ where my staff truly understand what it can be like to live with dementia!” – (Nursing home manager – Colwyn Bay, North Wales)
- Dementia statistics
- What is dementia?
- What is not dementia
- Signs and symptoms
- Types of dementia and their causes
- The brain and what it does
- Vascular dementia
- Fronto-temporal lobe dementia
- Condition-related dementia
- Other conditions inc. Korsakoff syndrome
- Understanding the effects on the person
- What sort of care worker should I be?
- Dignity and respect
- ‘Unusual’ behaviours
- Person Centred Care – seeing the person behind the condition
- Dementia friendly environments and equipment
Successful completion of this training course will result in the award of a CPD accredited certificate covering all aspects of the above course contents.