This is a half day Stroke Awareness training course suitable for nurses and carers.
This half day CPD course is suitable for anyone working in care and support settings and enables learners to identify the common signs of stroke, how to respond effectively and the importance of emergency response.
- What is stroke?
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Why strokes occur
- Different types of stroke
- Recognising common signs and symptoms
- How to act FAST
- Responses and emergency treatments
- Effective care and support
- Post treatment care