This half-day Dignity, Privacy and Respect course is suitable for nurses and carers.
Dignity, Privacy and Respect
Maintaining privacy, dignity and respect is a core value of good nursing and care. This half-day training course explores what dignity looks like, how to maintain privacy and promote respect. It allows care staff to share their own experiences of building good relationships with residents/patients and the implication of legal frameworks such as MCA and DoLS. This course fulfils the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014: Regulation 10.
- Definition of privacy, dignity and respect.
- Getting to know individuals and building good relationships.
- Person-centred care plans and promoting independence.
- Dignity, respect and privacy and their relationships with abuse and safeguarding rules.
- MCA and DoLS.
- Communication Skills.
- Pain Management, personal hygiene and providing practical assistance.
- Privacy and confidentially rules.
- Social Inclusion
- Ensuring dignity and respect for care staff.
Your staff will be equipped with all the relevant knowledge and understand how to offer dignity, privacy and respect to their patients.