Half Day Training Course – Suitable for Nurses and Carers.
Dementia Medication Awareness
This half day session is aimed at care and support workers working with people with a dementia diagnosis who are prescribed medication for this condition. It gives an overview of the common medications, the reasons they are prescribed, their possible side effects, risk factors and contraindications.
- Behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia
- Using medication to treat behavioural and psychological symptoms
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Antidepressants and anticonvulsants
- Cholinesterase inhibitors
- Drugs used to treat sleep disturbances
- Possible side effects
- Risk factors and possible contra-indications