This one-day Dementia Awareness course is suitable for nurses, carers and support workers.
This one-day course is ideal for those working with people with dementia, whether in care establishments or the community. It gives learners an understanding of many conditions that fall under the dementia umbrella, along with practical examples of how to help create a dementia-friendly environment and person-centred care and support.
- Dementia Statistics
- What Is and Is Not Dementia?
- Signs and Symptoms
- Types of Dementia and Their Causes
- The Brain – and What it Does
- Alzheimer’s, Vascular, Lewy Body and Fronto-Temporal Lobe Dementia
- Condition Related Dementia
- Dementia-Like Conditions, including Korsakoff’s Syndrome
- Understanding the Effects on the Person
- What Sort of Care Worker Should I Be?
- Dignity and Respect
- Person Centred Care – seeing the Person Behind the Condition
- Dementia Friendly Environments and Equipment
Your staff will be equipped with all the relevant knowledge and an understanding of how to deal with a patient living with dementia.