The Administration of Medicines course has been specially developed for carers and nurses, it provides all of the skills and knowledge required to safely administer medications.
Administration of Medicines (Levels 2, 3 & 4)
This half day course gives learners the knowledge to help them to safely and effectively assist with, or administer, medication in a care or support setting. If delivered in-house, the course can be tailored to include the policies, procedures and protocols specific to an individual organisation.
- What is a drug or Medicine?
- Legal categories of medicines
- Types and contents of prescriptions
- Pharmacy medication labels
- The laws and administrative directors.
- Liquid medications and storage
- Policies for administration
- Systemic and topical medicines
- Administration via P.E.G. and other routes
- Non-prescription medicines including herbal
- The 7 rights of administration
- Transdermal patches
- Inhalers – M.A.R.R. sheets
- Emergency supplies and interims
- Unwanted medicines (disposal and recording)
- Side effects
- Self-administration and the levels of assistance
- Contact the team to arrange your training.
Practical explanation of the protocols and methods for the administration of Nasal Drops, Ear drops, Eye drops, Eye Ointment.
- Level 2 is suitable for carers and support workers.
- Level 3 contains additional guidance specific to nursing staff.
- Level 4 contains additional instruction with regard to the administration of medicines via PEG and is a 1-day course.